At ak Physiotherapy we pride ourselves in personalised consultations focussed on improving your injuries and pain management.
We offer experienced “hands on” treatment, provide outstanding advice in exercise rehabilitation and deliver high level sports management consultation to keep you fit while injured.
In addition, we offer shockwave, dry needling, compex, recovery boots, cupping as well as crossover symmetry, strength and conditioning programs and pilates programs to help you with your recovery from injury.
Our services include:
- Assessment for sport and injury rehab/prevention
- Clinical and Reformer Pilates
- Treatment of tendon injury/tendinitis: rotator cuff, achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, patella tendinitis, hamstring tendinitis
- General musculoskeletal pain and injury, including treatment of back pain, neck pain, sciatica, nerve impingement, shoulder injury, ankle sprain, knee pain.
- Post operative treatment and rehabilitation for work or sport including ACL reconstruction, Rotator Cuff, Total knee or hip replacement, Back surgery and more.
- Sports Recovery treatments to maintain peak performance including compression boots, muscle relaxation using compex, cupping and massage.
Meet The Team
Physiotherapist (APA member)/CrossFit Level 3/ Weightlifting Level 2/ Pilates Instructor
- Physiotherapy (UQ 2002)
- Applied Science (QUT 1996)
- Clinical Pilates (Level I & II)
- Cert III and IV in Fitness
- CrossFit Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- AWF Club Weightlifting/Sports Power Coach Level 1 and Level 2
- CrossFit Mobility Trainer Course (08/01/12)
- CrossFit Gymnastics (2014)
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling – Basic and Advanced Upper Limb
- Massage Therapy certificate
Physiotherapy Professional Development Courses including: Hydrotherapy; Ultrasound Imaging; Advanced Shoulder Course; Local and Global Stability for the Trunk; Thoracic Spine; Complex Elbow; Lumbar Spine and Hip; Locomotor and Myofascial Slings; Management of Chronic Lower Back Pain Disorders; Current Spinal Procedures
April King is a Brisbane-based health professional who provides physiotherapy, sports massage, CrossFit coaching, lifestyle education seminars, stretching and trigger point therapy, sports injury management and nutrition. She has a passion for fixing injuries and coaching movement and in turn, helping others improve their performance or quality of life.
Physiotherapist (APA Member)/Pilates Instructor
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (ACU) 2017
- Bachelor of Applied Science (HMS) 2003
- Level 1 Equipment Pilates
- Good Living with Osteoarthritis In Denmark (GLA:D Australia)
- Musculoskeletal Segmental and Dry Needling
Since graduating from Physiotherapy in 2017 Nerida has worked in private practice treating adults in the area of Gerontology with treatments that are tailored for maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of the elderly.
Nerida’s interest in Physiotherapy started through her own injury history competiting in a range of sports and 10 years of experience teaching & coaching swimming & sports. She currently participates in cycling, mountain biking, trail running, swimming and gym training.
With her combined experience, Nerida offers expert assessment and diagnostic skills with a high level of balance & injury management across the lifespan. Her goal is to promote healthy and active ageing while maximising the quality of life and mobility.
Master Physiotherapist (APA member)/ Crossfit Level 1/ Pilates Instructor/Cert IV Fitness
Masters in Physiotherapy Studies (UQ) (2005)
Bachelor of Physical Health and Education (University of Toronto, Canada) (2003)
Mental Health First Aid Accreditation
Crossfit Level 1 Trainer Course
- Pilates Equipment Level 1
Musculoskeletal Acupuncture and Dry Needling
Original Strength Level 1 & 2
StrongFirst SFG Kettlebell Course
Functional Movement Screen (FMS) & Corrective Exercise Level 1
Selective Functional Movement Assessment(SFMA) Level 1
Certificate IV in Fitness
Originally from Canada, Amanda has a Bachelor’s of Physical Health and Education and a Masters of Physiotherapy. Amanda has had experience with clients of all ages and abilities and is more than ready to help heal you and get you moving again!
Using movement to help people maintain health and function is what Amanda loves to do. Don’t limit the activities you love from niggles or pain – Amanda will find a way to keep you moving pain free.
Amanda is also a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA). She is also a Certified Level 1 Functional Movement Screen(FMS) Practitioner.
Amanda’s average clients are active people who do not want to be limited in what they love to do by niggles and movement restrictions.